The trouble with coming back from Europe into a storm of politics and then work madness and other fun and games is that one doesn’t actually ever get around to transcribing one’s travel diaries (partly because very idea of sorting all those photos is so horrifying).
But this is my last day of leave before going back to work, so I’m taking the opportunity to sort all the photos I took, and go back and fix the photos that came out sideways, or not at all, in the travel posts I wrote on my dodgy laptop. So if you are suddenly getting a lot of twitter updates of old blog posts, that’s why.
I’m hoping to get the next travel blog up tonight, but these photos are taking *forever* so no promises…
If you want an index of the travel blog posts so far, look below the cut…
Edited on December 3: So I rather lost momentum, between crazy times at work and horrible politics and wrist and eye issues. But I’m updating again and am determined to finish the last of the Germany posts before Christmas! And who knows? Maybe next year, this blog will become a food blog again…
Edited on December 6: And… done! And it only took me five months after getting back. But they were a pretty hectic five months…
- Travel Diary Part 1: Newcastle, York, and Todmorden
- Travel Diary Part 2: Todmorden 2, York 2, and London 1
- Travel Diary Part 3: Shakespeare’s Globe and a preview of Paris
- Travel Diary Part 4: Paris with Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!
- Travel Diary Part 5: Bath and back to London
- Travel Diary Part 6: Eating good things in Paris
- Travel Diary Part 7: Paris with Bois de Boulogne, Saint Denis and museums
- Travel Diary Part 8: Paris and the Subterranean Weekend
- Travel Diary Part 9: Paris with many parks, and a fond farewell
- Travel Diary Part 10: Germany, with Heidelberg, Soccer and Theology
- Travel Diary Part 11: Germany, with a Medieval Music Festival
- Travel Diary Part 12: Germany, with Naumburg and Leipzig
- Travel Diary Part 13: Germany, with Dresden and so many cherubs
- Travel Diary Part 14: Germany, with Dresden, Opera and a trip up the Elba
- Travel Diary Part 15: Back in Mainz, and a Feast
- Travel Diary Part 16: Football, wild animals, and a farewell to Europe